Countdown to Coy's first birthday!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Thursday, April 16, 2009

A sign from God


Our church is in revival this week and the speaker is a very charismatic evangelist. After hearing the word for a good while, Michael lead me and Coy up to the alter to pray and my mother followed after us. This was Coy's first alter visit! The evangelist came over and put his hand on us and prayed loudly over my family. Of course I was knelt over with my eyes closed, crying in prayer, with one hand on Coy and one hand stretched upwards towards God in heaven. Michael was next to me holding Coy in one arm with his other arm wrapped around me; and my mother was behind us with one hand on Michael's back and one on my back. Now, I'm already thinking God is so good, just by the fact that Michael decided to come with us to church this night, and then leading us to the alter to pray...but God had more in store. After we were finished praying, I opened my eyes and looked over at Coy and he was bubbling over with laughter and smiling. It was so special because Coy has smiled before, but I have never seen him actually laughing too. It was the most awesome experience of my life. God is so Good!

2 comments:

  1. God is GOOD!!! It was encouraging reading that! Glad to hear your family is doing so well. :) Makes me smile imensely!

    ReplyDelete